Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

2WD: eBay Leveling Kit vs. RC 1.5" Leveling Coils

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2WD: eBay Leveling Kit vs. RC 1.5" Leveling Coils

So I've been scouring the earth going forum to forum looking at tons of different ways to lift my little 95 XLT, and it seems like I've just hit my limit and decided to get more up to date information from current owners. I'm between getting something along the lines like THIS or going with these Rough Country leveling coils.

I've heard/read about the Moog F250 coils and the various ones to get, but it seems like all the pictures I've seen still keep a noticeable rake on the truck even after installing the F250 coils, which is a no bueno with me. I just want it to sit nice and level with the rear end, and throw some 31s/32s on it. I know it's a 2WD and everyone has their own opinion on that, but this is what would make me happiest with my own vehicle.

So, lifted 2WDs, what'd ya think?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think there is a magic answer to your question.
It all depends how you use your truck and what makes you happy.
Mine needed a refresh in the front end and the original springs were sacked-out. I went low-buck route with the Moog springs and splurged for new shocks, balljoints, radius bushings and Ibeam pivot bushings. I couldn't be happier with my decision given how much nicer the truck drives and knowing the front end is good for a while.

My 91 sits up higher in the back than front, by 1" measured at the fender lips. The 2WD's have rake going on, even when new! I don't consider 1" rake to be excessive difference. And I believe 31/32's would clear and look proper now.

I did the CC824 Moog springs and full length add a leaf. Still took 3 degree camber bushings to get enough adjustment to correct for that in the front end. I would continue to research the issues people have had with getting their lifted 2WD aligned and make your decision accordingly.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:31 PM

Main use for the truck is just daily driving more than anything. I doubt I'll ever see much off-road time (except for the fact that roads are rough over here in small town, texas) and probably won't ever load up anything above 500 pounds in the back of the truck. I know that there's currently a 3" difference in height between the front and back of my truck, so I'm just looking to level that out more than anything. If this doesn't really work out, I'll probably just spring for the RC 2.5" Lift kit and be done with it. Lol

Last edited by zs_5.slow; 03-21-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

My opinion, no way would I go with that eBay kit. The RC springs are good though. The Moog springs are more leveling springs, not really for lifting.

Last edited by VickMacky; 03-21-2017 at 07:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zs_5.slow (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM

Yeah I've definitely heard a mixed bag of things with eBay spacers. I may just go with the RC coils instead. Depending on my funds, I may spring for that 2.5" lift though. We'll see.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

I got those ebay spacers. Fine for my daily driving for now. I kinda want to see what the truck would look like with 265's instead of 235's. So cheap way to do it.

Eventually, I will get a RC 4" lift with 33" and something like 3.73 gearing.