Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Howie Long Said WHAT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Advisory Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howie Long Said WHAT?

Long was quoted in the new Silverado commercial inquiring about the need of a, "Man-step" to battle what Dennis Leery said about it being used 600,000 times for reach.

I thought it was funny. I mean, Howie Long's sarcastic style of saying, "Man-step." Here's a guy that's 6'5, and basically is a man step...
Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

I just saw that commercial this morning and laughed my *** off. Not because he called it a man-step but because they used the step to compare to their warranty. What kind of advertising exec would ok a big budget commercial that compared a convenience item with a warranty. Why not go for power to power or towing capacity to towing capacity or MPG to MPG ?? OHHHHHHH, that's right- they have an inferior product. Ford FTW.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 AM

They did the same thing trying to make fun of the new Ram's heated steering wheel. The only commercial that actually made sense was the Toyota one where they said the Tundra's V6 got the gas mileage of a V8 without the power.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Howie Long cracks me up. I agree TMintus. The ONLY one that makes sense is the Tundra and Silverado. When the dude backed the Ram into Howie's Silverado, I thought they were going to say something about how tough the Silverado's bumpers were. I guess they're more concerned about downing the Ram's heated wheel over building up their truck.

FORD FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Advisory Member

Yea the one with the heated steering wheel was hilarious. He said to the guy, "Is that a manicure!?" lol. But yea I agree with Lenn, I mean who in their right mind would think that, although it's comedy, comparing a 5 year or even longer warranty with an item that ford maybe paid all of 70 bucks to install... is a good thing for business. Its simply not. Its a mockery to truck owners. Ford owners know what to look for...the important facts...This just shows that Tundra owners, and Silverado owners are so ignorant that when they hear that a cosmetic item on a truck is somehow, "unnessacary" it plants that seed in their mind, and fuels their morning arguments with the F150 owners. I'd love to one day be driivng down I-95 and see Howie Long in an 09 F150. I'd laugh my *** off. Or better yet, If I see him and say, Howie, Can i get a tool from ur box, and he says, Wait, dont reach over, just use this man step....
Old 01-13-2009, 06:49 PM

Its just begun.
They have this assh&le Howie Long beat down the other 2 American manufacturers with the lame *** digs about the lame *** tincan trucks GM builds.
In a nutshell.
I think the big three should not so much focus on truck ads because thats not where the problem lies.It lies in car sales.
They need to gather resources and beat the **** out of the Jap,Korean and German market for sedans.
I know 23 people who bought Tundras and Tacomas. They all say "piece of ****".
Sure we are FORD People but we must support General Motors and Dodge.
I know it hurts.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:17 PM

I kinda feel bad for Nissan tho.
They still make a full size truck right?
Apparrently not one even worth making fun of.....
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TMintus8
I kinda feel bad for Nissan tho.
They still make a full size truck right?
Apparrently not one even worth making fun of.....
haha sooo true!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 PM

yea why do they try to make fun of a heated steering wheel on the dodge ram... i think is a pretty damn good idea, my steering wheel in the morning is cold as hell and i have to put some freakin receipt paper on it just so that my hands dont freeze to the damn thing
Old 01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Advisory Member

Reciept papers! lol. I've used a lot of weird things too. The wadded up burger king napkin stack that's always conveniantly tucked into the glove box is always a good trick....god bless those napkin dispensors. They always give out like 14 inches of man-wipes.

Quick Reply: Howie Long Said WHAT?