Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X pipe VS H pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:02 PM
05 lariat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X pipe VS H pipe

I tried to read many posts before posting a question. I am trying to get an idea for the opinions out there on x pipe vs h pipe. I've heard from some friends that X pipe is better for flow b/c it doesn't create as much turbulence. I have an 05 5.4. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah...the genreal concesus on most of the forums is the X-Pipe creates better flow.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:08 PM
05 lariat

Thanks. Im a newb to the hands on scene.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

me too man...at least to this performance stuff and major work.

I can change bolt on parts, brakes, exterior equiptment, but you won't see me custom building anything complicated for sure.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Kenosha Cadillac

What is wrong with just 2 pipes that don't intersect
Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 PM

you guys gotta be kidding me. iv never seen a forum with such a lack of technical knowledge. no offense, its no big deal. anyway, heres what ill offer, an h-pipe and an x pipe both do exactly the same thing, except an h pipe costs next to nothing, and a x pipe cost alot. the idea is to even out the exhaust pulses between the true duels. without a balance pipe it will pop and crackle becasue the pipes aren't balanced. in a perfect world, each side of a true duel would be the same length, with the same bends, but since its not, a balance pipe is what makes a duel exhaust system a good one. basicaly, whatever fits under your truck beter, alot of times, an x pipe ends up lookign cleaner under alot of cars, for a truck, and h pipe seems to work fine, i have an h pipe.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by BassBuster
you guys gotta be kidding me. iv never seen a forum with such a lack of technical knowledge. no offense, its no big deal. anyway, heres what ill offer, an h-pipe and an x pipe both do exactly the same thing, except an h pipe costs next to nothing, and a x pipe cost alot. the idea is to even out the exhaust pulses between the true duels. without a balance pipe it will pop and crackle becasue the pipes aren't balanced. in a perfect world, each side of a true duel would be the same length, with the same bends, but since its not, a balance pipe is what makes a duel exhaust system a good one. basicaly, whatever fits under your truck beter, alot of times, an x pipe ends up lookign cleaner under alot of cars, for a truck, and h pipe seems to work fine, i have an h pipe.
Before you starting flaming people or an entire forum....try and at have the KNOWLEDGE to speak correctly. Don't say duel unless your are going to walk paces and draw.

The correct word is dual as in 2 or a pair.

And as for the aforementioned knowledge....I never claimed to be all knowing quite the opposite.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; 10-18-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Kenosha Cadillac

That IS what these forums are for, to learn
Old 10-18-2008, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
Before you starting flaming people or an entire forum....try and at have the KNOWLEDGE to speak correctly. Don't say duel unless your are going to walk paces and draw.

The correct word is dual as in 2 or a pair.

And as for the aforementioned knowledge....I never claimed to be all knowing quite the opposite.
relax, im not here to bash anyone, i just thought i could offer some information in alot of these threads where the original poster never really got any good solid information. you dont need to correct my grammer, its a truck forum, not a spelling and grammar forum.

and eagle, your right, thats exactly what the forums for, learning. i was just trying to help and offer up something you all could learn, now yall know what makes a good dual exhaust system and how it works, which wasnt really mentioned in any of the other posts.

sorry if offended anyone.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by BassBuster
relax, im not here to bash anyone, i just thought i could offer some information in alot of these threads where the original poster never really got any good solid information. you dont need to correct my grammer, its a truck forum, not a spelling and grammar forum.

and eagle, your right, thats exactly what the forums for, learning. i was just trying to help and offer up something you all could learn, now yall know what makes a good dual exhaust system and how it works, which wasnt really mentioned in any of the other posts.

sorry if offended anyone.
I am not offended as I have stated several times that I am no mechanic, electrician, etc. And i was just returning the poke with the grammar thing, I am not an english PhD either.

I appreciate your input it was well needed and I learned from it..you can add it without snide comments, that's all.

Quick Reply: X pipe VS H pipe