Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

turn signals not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signals not working

1989 Ford F150. I have replaced the flasher and still nothing. with the hazards on only the back lights up and if I step on the brake they quit working. Also if the lights are on if I flip the turn switch that light will go out.
I have read voltage on all the fuses took apart the multi switch and cleaned the contacts, and swapped the flashers around and same thing. thinking of changing the multi switch but I don't want to go through that hassle if it is a relay or inline fuse that I am overlooking.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:00 AM

I had similar issues with my '95 it was the hazard switch, I kept wiggling the hazard switch when off and on after a while the turn signals started working again.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Crabman

Default turn signal not working

The hazard lights under normal operation stop flashing when brake is applied.

The vertically mounted blue 15 amp fuse protects the turn/flasher circuits. It is located mid-left panel above 4 way flasher. A fuse failure will give the condition you stated. There are no inline fuse or a relays in the circuitry. If no turn signals work I would double check the 15 Amp fuse and it's holder. Run a continuity check with a ohm meter across the fuse holder contacts through the fuse.

I just replaced my multi switch I had a combination of fronts and rear working and not working. The switch requires a little effort to replace if it is a tilt wheel.

Quick Reply: turn signals not working