Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

LED Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Lights

Can someone, who put in the colored LED lights shining down on the floorboard, send me a picture of them turned on please? I want to see what it looks like and what is it hot wired to? Thanks
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulls n Broncs 30-06
Can someone, who put in the colored LED lights shining down on the floorboard, send me a picture of them turned on please? I want to see what it looks like and what is it hot wired to? Thanks
Not sure if it was one of my posts but I did this in my 2002. I ran the wires off the dash lighting wires at the headlight switch using saddle connectors. Comes on with the lights, will dim with the dimmer switch for the dash lights. I used 2 sets of 8" LED light strips total. See notes with the photos.

This is the passenger side floor and center. I used Type S LED 8" light strips found at Auto Zone. A single under the heater box and 2 attached to angled aluminum from Home Depot. I had to drill a single hole in the aluminum to use an existing dash screw.<br/><br/>The LED strips have adhesive but I went ahead and used double sided tape as well after cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol.

This is the driver side. At the top left you can make out the single LED strip. It's hidden so you can't see it when driving, just how I held the phone when I took the photo. I also attached it with double sided tape to angled aluminum and drilled out 2 holes to mount with the screws securing the dash to the lower dash support bracket.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks RC! I just put in the blue LED light strips under my dash. I have it off my marker lights fuse and on a toggle switch Now I'm working on replacing the gauge lights with some blue LEDs in my '95.

Quick Reply: LED Lights