Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

installing a new indash dvd ,harness has a blue cable? please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing a new indash dvd ,harness has a blue cable? please help

i am installing a new dvd player in my truck and the harness has a cable that idk what it is for. it says power antenna but i dont have a power antenna. does anyone know what to do with this? thanks ps. ive searched everywhere this was my last hope
Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE="johnnunez29;3505595"]i am installing a new dvd player in my truck and the harness has a cable that idk what it is for. it says power antenna but i dont have a power antenna. does anyone know what to do with this? thanks ps. ive searched everywhere this was my last hope[/QUOTE
The power antenna wire is for antennas that raise and lower automatically. If you don't have and electric antenna just stuff it out of the way and don't worry about it
Old 05-29-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnunez29
i am installing a new dvd player in my truck and the harness has a cable that idk what it is for. it says power antenna but i dont have a power antenna. does anyone know what to do with this? thanks ps. ive searched everywhere this was my last hope
Yes sir. It is for a power antenna. To rise and lower it.
You can also use it if you install an antenna amplifier.

installing a new indash dvd ,harness has a blue cable? please help-image-3900725436.jpg

Someone can correct if if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure it can also be used to power an aftermarket AMP.

If ya don't need it then tape it off and tuck it away.
Attached Thumbnails installing a new indash dvd ,harness has a blue cable? please help-image-3803420923.jpg  
Old 05-30-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are not using a power antenna then tape the end off.
The power wire for a amp should be blue and is only used for that.

Quick Reply: installing a new indash dvd ,harness has a blue cable? please help