Topic Sponsor
Interior "How-To" articles pertaining to the Interior of an F150

93 150 "Captain chairs" back will not stay up

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 93 150 "Captain chairs" back will not stay up

MY 93 has "Captn Chairs" about same a 93 bronco. The passenger seat back will not stay up. The seats are mounted on their tracks, forward and back movement is fine, sometimes will NOT lock in place. But the seat back will spring up via lever to correct setting, but if you set in it and lean back seat back will go down. I checked what I could, the teeth in lockup (by lever on right) look fine, the lever on side seems to work fine as will release seat to up and allow it to slide back or front. I compared HW to driver side, cannot see any issue. Know nothing about seat adjustments/HW, so need help. Wife nearly. crushed dog in bench in back when seat went down. She wants it fixed NOW All worked fine for years, not this mess. Ideas or suggestions, as the HW looks fine, anything in adjustments etc that wears out or breaks, known issues???

Any good sources for inexpensive heavy duty seat covers for these kind of "chairs"?

Last edited by tfallsmt; 05-28-2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added seat cover data
Old 09-09-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When the passenger seat will not return to the upright position, it is indicative that the seat was repeatedly used for esxual erlations and should just be removed and replaced completely
Old 09-10-2019, 08:47 AM

Received 790 Likes on 646 Posts

I'm not sure about your specific seats but I've dealt with this before and the internal parts that latch the seat back can be replaced. Hit the selvage yards.

Quick Reply: 93 150 "Captain chairs" back will not stay up