Topic Sponsor
Engine & Drivetrain "How-To" articles pertaining to the Engine and Drivetrain of an F150 (including Exhaust)

manual transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual transmission issues

so this all began when i wanted to remove my oil pan and i figured i could just unbolt it and slide it out, but nope not enough room. now im pulling my transmission, i needed to replace the clutch anyway. i have the drive shaft, crossmember, shifter and 8 bolts removed from the bell housing but it still wont come off of the engine. ive tried shaking back and forth, jacking from the tail shaft up and down but it seems like its seized on the engine or ive forgotten a blot somewhere. i hope someone has had the issues as i have an can help. tia
Old 09-04-2015, 09:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure you've resolved this by now, but what did you find that was holding you up? I was thinking maybe just corroded dowel pins between engine/trans?
What engine do you have?
When I pulled my 4.2 out of my 2003 it was a bugger to get the dowel pins to let go. Once out, the dowel pins stayed in the bell housing instead of the engine block. Had to get them out with vice grips and a little heat as I wasn't putting same engine back it

Quick Reply: manual transmission issues