Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!
Thank you for asking something I can answer. I have a '91 and it is similar. For this job you need a towel, a drill/screwdriver, and two wrenches.
1) lay the towel on the ground partially under the truck and lay down on it.
2) under the truck the running boards should connect to the truck via brackets
3) using your wrenches undo the bolt(s) holding the brackets to the frame
4) move to the other end of the board and repeat removal of bolts
5) get up and move to the wheel well, screwdriver in hand
6) unscrew the screws connected to the wheel well
7) move to the other end of the board and repeat removal of screws - caution, if you are not supporting the board it should fall at this point
8) repeat on the other board
If i was not clear enough or I said something wrong someone please correct me.