Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

Wrecked 96' single cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked 96' single cab

This is my first time posting on here so I hope I'm doing this right. I recently got in a wreck in my 96' f150. The person hit me in my front passenger fender basically at my wheel. I know my tie rods will need replaced. My fan and shroud. Possibly my radiator and of course my battery. I was planning on doing the body work myself which will basically be a new front clip but was possibly going to get the mechanical work done in a shop. I guess my question is that with all this being done is it even worth it? I like the truck and it ran great before this but does anyone know approximately what someone would want to charge reasonably for this work or should I just cut my losses and buy something else? If anyone has any advice please let me know. And sorry if I posted this under the wrong topic or whatever. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

It'll be a fair bit of work, but plenty of people have done a lot more than a little front end stuff.
Probably comes down to what kind of condition it was in before you got hit.
Low mileage near rust free beauty, or a rusty old truck you were barely keeping on the road ?
I've seen people restore the 2nd kind, so restoring the 1st kind is a no brainer. As long as the frame's not bent and the cab is solid, the rest is just bolts and paint.
Also depends how much you like the truck. It can always be a parts truck for another one too.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to part the tuck, heres to hoping parts are compat with a '93.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you didn't rebuild it then message me I'd be interested in some parts thanks

Quick Reply: Wrecked 96' single cab