Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

turning stock bed into flat bed

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up turning stock bed into flat bed

Ive got a 1986 f150 thats seen some better days, the bed sides are shot but its had a bed liner its whole life and it perserved the bed floor. So after msearhing fourms and lots of google searches i have yet to find someone whos converted their stock bed into a flat bed, what im looking for is if its possible to put new lights into the bumper and cut the bedsides off and put a cople trailer fenders onto it. would the stock bed floor be ok or does it need more support? Imcurrently a college freshman with very little income so im trying to stay on the cheap side, any help would be greatly appreacheated
Old 10-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

That should work out pretty well. The bed floor would not need any extra support at all so no worry there. IT might look a bit off, but hey whatever works man!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

I know this is a old post but I would find a old trailer off of c-list and strip the axle off and put it on your truck. A little cutting,welding.bolts and your done. Lights are already on it. Remount you bumper(more cutting and welding). I thing this could be done cheap.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aktech
I know this is a old post but I would find a old trailer off of c-list and strip the axle off and put it on your truck. A little cutting,welding.bolts and your done. Lights are already on it. Remount you bumper(more cutting and welding). I thing this could be done cheap.
Did you just mention welding, cutting, more welding and cutting in the same paragraph as "could be done relitivily cheap? Lol just playing of course. But if he's outsourcing welding that's gonna cost a ton. Excellent ideas from OP and aktec though. Gave me a little creativity, I want a flatbed too. My Truck is not handling pulling my 6x12' detail trailer with a 525gal tank lol. So it's either get rid of the truck or swap everything over and buy a smaller tank. Hope you attempt it or already have I would love to see how your project turned out.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:32 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

I think you made it harder than it needs to be. Go down to the Plumbers Hall and there are aprentices down there looking to burn rod. I have my own welder and just waiting for a f250 to do it on.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aktech
I think you made it harder than it needs to be. Go down to the Plumbers Hall and there are aprentices down there looking to burn rod. I have my own welder and just waiting for a f250 to do it on.
Would you happen to live in las vegas? I'd be willing too be a test candidate lol
Old 08-27-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Deleted

Quick Reply: turning stock bed into flat bed