Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

1994 F-150 project

Old 12-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 1994 F-150 project

I acquired a 1994 Ford f-150 from craigslist for 600 dollars. The guy had to get rid of it fast and knew the frame was rotted out to the point that the front frame above the wheels lost about 50% of the metal. I started working on it about a year ago and then winter hit and my garage is not heated. Now i purchased a heater for the garage and im starting it back up. I figured ill post my progress here to A) get help, and B) have a record of what goes where and how when i try to rebuild it later lol. What has already been done: Bed has been removed, only had to cut 4 of the bolts; radiator has been removed along with the fan shroud, and the hoses; the interior has been ripped up and half of the dash screws got pulled out, the radio to drivers side screws are still in. the side gas tank got removed along with the rear, but the rear is still ratchet strapped in. the exhaust got cut off from just in-front of the cat and finally a frame from a 1996 ford f350 has been purchased to replace the sad excuse of a frame the truck has right now. I will keep this updated probably once a week, Monday's are the easiest for me because i can only work on the truck Saturday - Sunday.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:18 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

If you dig through all my posts (there's a few), quite some time ago I posted pictures showing all the screws and bolts to pull the dash. Might be helpful if you can find it.
The following users liked this post:
Devilford (05-03-2016)
Old 12-07-2015, 09:37 PM

351w with radiator, air box and hoses taken off

interior of truck half gutted

rear of the truck

new donor frame from a 1996 ford f350
Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 PM

So.... I was not able to do much on the truck this weekend because my other plow truck needed some work done, but i was able to clean up the garage some more and take some pics for you guys. Thanks Chris_1 for the help on the dash screws. I will probably work on getting the rear gas tank out next weekend, so that the from the cab back is all done. I plan on getting the plastic gas tanks for the truck because these ones have rust on the bottom of them and the side tank had a hole from the rust.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what you mean. Sometimes one truck will keep you BUSY. I am working on my 94, and have been for 3 weeks now, doing preventative maintenance and repair neglect from the prior owner.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 PM

Weekend update: Not much has been done. I have removed the rear gas tank from the truck, but not any of the tail light wiring or gas lines. I have been spending more time looking for parts and visiting junkyards and craigslist trucks looking for a manual transmission. I would like a zf-5 just for the availability and the fact they fit nicely behind a 351w. I was also wondering if someone could tell me the best way to unplug all the wiring harness and be able to plug it back in later. Thats my biggest worry... Also one of my friends said everything next to the intake is just for the smog pump and electronic solenoids, so could I take those out? or is he wrong and there for something else. I will post pictures.

Smog solenoids? are they removable? or something else
Old 12-15-2015, 08:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't, unless you're converting to a carb. Some people delete their EGRs, but it will cause you to replace the cats more frequently.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:29 PM

hello f150forum, sorry for the month of nothing. the holidays and work swamped me and i haven't been able to work on my truck. this weekend i was able to remove the driver front fender and driver door. the interior has been ripped up and i removed the steering wheel. i also got lose the pass side and pass front fender and next weekend i will work on those. i plan on then removing the engine and cab, and them im half way done i only have to build it back up lol. i purchased another truck off craigslist for parts, and a whole new gas system for the truck because it was 20 percent off. does anyone have ideas on a lift kit? whats a good brand? i would like 4 inch lift kit and 2 inch body lift.

door and fender off

door off

interior ripped up

engine bay
Old 01-17-2016, 10:52 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

What made you decide on the 1-ton frame vs another f150 frame?
Old 01-18-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
What made you decide on the 1-ton frame vs another f150 frame?
It was available and cheap on craigslist. It had no rust beside some surface ****. Any frame from 150-350 will fit as long as its the same wheel base and the donor frame was no a dually. also it fit because my truck was a 1994 and the donor was from a 1996 F350.

Here is another thread that answers your question more:
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/92-97-...le-swap-78185/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 F-150 project