Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

1980 f100 drift truck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1980 f100 drift truck.

1980 f100 4.9L carbed 2WD single cab short box, toploader standard.
I'm new, yes. I've only come to this forum because the internet/ world seems to lack parts for these trucks, and what they do have is either universal or down right not what I'm looking for. So I've got some questions for this project.

Engine swap: 351 or 302? What's the easier one to mod. I'm looking for an early 90's efi engine to put in. What parts should I get just to make the back tires scream and spin like mad. Enough to drift at least. Turbo? Supercharger? Or is that even needed you figure?

Suspension and handling: adjustable coil overs? Where can I find some for this ride? Front and if needed rear? Sway bars? Front and rear aftermarket reliable disc brakes?

Lastly. Wheel spacers, rims and tires.

Moneys not an issue. A parts list would be huge followed by links if you're kind enough. And if you've got input on what should be done to make it work (example) remove the tailgate to save weight" kind Of ****. Fire away!.. I need guidance for this. I've found a job on the rigs in Edmonton JUST for this project. That is how devoted I am. I'm going to do it.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Uzi does it!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I would suggest posting in the main section; as the how to section is more for specific fixes, mods, ect,...

Quick Reply: 1980 f100 drift truck.