Topic Sponsor

What did I do??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What did I do??

I replaced my Air Bag Clock Spring on my 1994 F150. Everything was going great and seemed so simple.

But then putting it back together I broke off the copper tab on that is in the key lock cylinder. So I took the old electrical piece and replaced the broken one.

Now the horn works, the air bag light goes out but the door chimes when key is off, out of cylinder and no lights are on but doors are open. It does quit when the doors are shut?

Could the electrical connection in the key lock may have moved? Or the key lock has twisted. I gave up for today and will look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for any thoughts.

1994 F150 Ext Cab 4X4 5.0
Old 09-22-2016, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

This electrical connection that I broke (actually both of them - one the copper tab the original one a plastic clip that keeps it attached to the key cylinder) are nothing more than a link to the chimer to let you know that the keys are left in the ignition.

For those who did not know, just pull the ignition out a little ways and remove the plastic connection, then remove the key cylinder. Then when the cylinder is almost back in insert the plastic connection.

I can live without the chimes if I leave the keys in the ignition, now if I can just remember before I shut the locked doors.
The following users liked this post:
Chap150 (10-08-2016)

Quick Reply: What did I do??