Topic Sponsor

Speedometer/Radio power

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer/Radio power

I have a 92 F150 and for some reason my speed, mileage, and radio display, fm and am don't work. But the cassette does. Any thoughts? I did attempt to take the head unit out, that is all I have done electrical wise. I have it checked the fuses, but the dash will lite up so and can't be a fuse? Fuse tied into radio and speedometer? Probably not.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James Patrick Harris
I have a 92 F150 and for some reason my speed, mileage, and radio display, fm and am don't work. But the cassette does. Any thoughts? I did attempt to take the head unit out, that is all I have done electrical wise. I have it checked the fuses, but the dash will lite up so and can't be a fuse? Fuse tied into radio and speedometer? Probably not.
ford has done weirder things than put the radio and speedo on the same fuse. so you better be sure. I'm new to the f150 world so that's all I know as far as specific wiring goes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Its a fuse. Check the box to the lower left of the steering wheel. Hopefully yours is marked. If I remember correctly its a 15 amp fuse

Quick Reply: Speedometer/Radio power