Topic Sponsor

Rust hole problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust hole problem

I finally got my truck in to be inspected today. And got some really bad news. Needs tires. Ok I can figure that out after. Needs new ball joints and brake hose on the right front. ok I can do that myself. What I am worried about is I have to fix a rust hole they found that is on the drivers side. The hole is in the middle of where the door meets the cabin around that location. Just how would I even go about fixing it is what I am trying to figure out. The truck is a 1990 F150 if it helps to know.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

If it's not structural (cab mount, seatbelt bolt) all you have to do to pass inspection is fill it so that fumes don't enter the cab. Fiberglass, body filler, a piece of metal with some good glue, pull the carpets up and rivet a piece of metal and seal that up if it's too big - whatever it takes to seal the hole.
The permanent solution is to buy a replacement body panel and weld it in, but if you had to ask, I'm guessing that that might be a little outside your expertise, so just find a way to seal it up. I would think that's all you have to do.
Worry about perfect later.

Quick Reply: Rust hole problem