Topic Sponsor

Radio Problems on my '96...no power

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Radio Problems on my '96...no power

Hey guys,
I have a quick question, it seems like I have gotten myself into a situation! I drive a '96 F150, yesterday I was trying to replace my radio with a newer "deck" considering I still had the original. So I got a wiring to adapt the '96 dash wiring to the new stereos wiring. So I spliced all the wires, taped them...the new deck didn't work. It was getting dark so I pulled the adapters out plugged the original deck in and now it doesn't turn on at all. So I thought I blew a fuse in all the excitement of plugging, unplugging wiring and all that. So I switched the fuse still no power. I looked in my manual and nothing is said about losing power to the radio. Sooo after all that being said I am not sure why my radio won't turn on now! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Formerly "the_breeze"

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Madibaileey
Hey guys, I have a quick question, it seems like I have gotten myself into a situation! I drive a '96 F150, yesterday I was trying to replace my radio with a newer "deck" considering I still had the original. So I got a wiring to adapt the '96 dash wiring to the new stereos wiring. So I spliced all the wires, taped them...the new deck didn't work. It was getting dark so I pulled the adapters out plugged the original deck in and now it doesn't turn on at all. So I thought I blew a fuse in all the excitement of plugging, unplugging wiring and all that. So I switched the fuse still no power. I looked in my manual and nothing is said about losing power to the radio. Sooo after all that being said I am not sure why my radio won't turn on now! Any suggestions? Thanks!
That's unfortunate. Best place to start would be test for power at the radio end of the harness. Maybe the power or remote wire came loose at the plug?
The following users liked this post:
Madibaileey (11-11-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Chief Mystic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will have a better answer next weekend, when I do my deck.

Its probably Illumination. you may have blown the fuse, but the orange lines are almost always the problem. Modern decks need to have power to the illumination/dimmer. Swap those lines off the deck and usually that solves this problem.
The following users liked this post:
Madibaileey (11-11-2014)

Quick Reply: Radio Problems on my '96...no power