Topic Sponsor

Please help with tps!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please help with tps!!

I have a 1994 f150 5.0 302 and I just replaced the throttle position sensor but now I start it and it runs for about 3 seconds then the rpms go so low that it dies. I used a multimeter and tested everything here's my results:

The whole time the black lead was connected to the negative battery terminal...

This is with the tps still plugged in:

orange wire: .007 Volts

Black wire:.042 Volts

Green wire:.962 Volts

I then moved the throttle up while on the black wire and the voltage actually went down..

Testing the resistance with tps unplugged: black wire connector: 302 ohms then I moved the throttle and it went down to 301

I don't know if I did anything wrong but could someone please help me figure out if I have a bad tps or what. It is an advance auto brand part..
Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Like I said in your other thread the TPS is a MOTORCRAFT only part. Any other brand, no matter how good their reputation is for other parts, and you will have nothing but problems with it. {same holds true for the PCV} Take it back and either order the motorcraft, find one online, or go to a dealer, some auto parts stores can order them (oreilly was 6.99 plus $10 shipping). I happened to find an awesome deal on some new old stock on Ebay and bought mine about 5 months ago knowing that $6/w free shipping was worth it even if I never used it (could always sell it).

Here is a walk-through chris1 wrote up:
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/testing-tps-290537/

Quick Reply: Please help with tps!!