Topic Sponsor

Overdrive goes off with left turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Overdrive goes off with left turn signal

I have a 94 XLT 4wd that I just purchased a week ago and noticed that when I use the "left" turn signal...the tranny goes out of overdrive. At first, I thought this was my imagination...simply me letting off the gas before coming to a turn or something. So today, while on a long straight stretch to where I could maintain a constant speed, I tested my theory, and sure enough the tranny goes out of overdrive when turning on the "left" turn signal. No issues turning on the right turn signal...only the left.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM

No thoughts?? Wow...woulda thought I would have gotten some sort of response on this. Gonna re-post in the general area and see if I spark something there.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

Don`t turn left and it should be ok. Sorry, had to though that out there. Is your button on the streering wheel area or on the dash? A wire could be under the lurn lever and grounding out.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 PM

LOL - if I could avoid the turns I would Anyway, the OD button is on the column gear shift. So it makes me think that it is grounding in some way. Just haven't had a chance to pull everything apart to have a look.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

This is a odd one for sure. I don`t even know where to start. Try to get a wiring diagram and start with the turn signal and over drive area on the column. Keep me posted on what you find.

Quick Reply: Overdrive goes off with left turn signal