Topic Sponsor

New fuse, turn signals stopped working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New fuse, turn signals stopped working.

When I bought the truck with 40k miles the cruise control didn't work and I never checked the hazard lights. But I had some new fuses and I figured I might as well replace some since the truck is a 95. 95, f-150, 4x4, 5.0, auto, single cab. I've driven the truck since I bought it last year 13,000 miles with no issues, I replaced the #7 and #13 fuse with a 15 amp, now turn signals don't work at all, no light, no click sound, nothing. My brake lights work fine, hazards do not work. I put in old fuse, still, nothing. So lost at what to do now being signals worked perfect before I put the new fuses in..grrrr guess its true, the saying, "dont fix it if it aint broke."
I cant say the hazards worked before the fuse, because I never checked it.

Last edited by rotwiler; 06-16-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM

I replaced both flashers with new ones, still nothing. Trying to find my electrical tester. All I did was change out a working fuse with another working fuse, so my guess is the fuse holder might have messed up inside. But the hazzards are on a different fuse, think #13 and turn signals are on #7. Am I missing something like under the hood?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Well..decided only thing left was to try the hazzard switch since that was only thing i used at the time..and got my signals back...i sprayed some lubricant behind the red hazzard switch and pressed it up and down 20+ times. Now need to figure out how to get the multifunction switch out..noticed upper cover cant move much due to the ignition.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM

Issue resolved

Last edited by rotwiler; 06-24-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: New fuse, turn signals stopped working.