Topic Sponsor

Lights on - warning beep

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights on - warning beep

So I've seen it where if you have your lights on and take the key out, a vehicle will beep at you letting you know something's amiss.

In this case, the vehicle is driving down the highway and I turn on my lights, and the warning beep comes on.

I did just have the computer swapped out (as the warning beep went on constantly and would not turn off until the engine was turned off), however I'm thinking that wouldn't have caused it. Odd coin-ke-dink tho...

Has anyone ever come across this abnormality? The doors are shut, no lights flashing on the dash saying something's wrong - but the beep is ongoing.

Help and thanks!
Old 07-26-2015, 03:23 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Honestly, IMO, best course of action in this situation is to eliminate the chime. You could spend hours tracking down the faulty sensor/wire or you could take 5 minutes and just unplug the chime box. Under dash, should be easy to find, just follow the sound.
The following users liked this post:
Sunriver61 (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chimes

Yeah... it could get to that very soon. Unfortunately my personality type is one to fix it..

But maybe I'll disconnect the box until the days I have free to work on it may be an option.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lights on - warning beep

I had the same problem my fix was my drivers side door switch that's near the bottom right of the door jamb when you open the door was going out causing my chime to go off when I turned my lights on. Until you get time to troubleshoot just unplug the chime, which is what I did. Trouble shoot by disconnecting the door switch and see if the chime with lights on stops.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was searching the forum, because I was just going to ask about this. But I have the opposite situation. I have no chime. I like driving with my lights on but I always forget to turn them off. A chime would be nice. Maybe previous owner had your same issue and did a chime delete... if you find where it is let me know so I can go find it in my truck and do the troubleshooting.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by Leolo007
I was searching the forum, because I was just going to ask about this. But I have the opposite situation. I have no chime. I like driving with my lights on but I always forget to turn them off. A chime would be nice. Maybe previous owner had your same issue and did a chime delete... if you find where it is let me know so I can go find it in my truck and do the troubleshooting.
There's a place to plug in a module (rad saddle, behind the driver's turn signal) that will turn your headlights on when the key is on. (daytime running lights)
Not mandatory in a lot of the states but in Canada it won't pass a safety inspection unless that is there and working.

Quick Reply: Lights on - warning beep