Topic Sponsor

Lighting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting Issues

Hi, guys new to the forum, I'll have to properly introduce myself at a later time once I figure this issue out. I have a 1996 F150 that I'm currently having lighting issues with. I'll start off with that I recently replaced my rear bumper and wired up liscense plates lights and they were working fine. Go out this morning to put some led bulbs in I had laying around and I didnt have liscense plates lights, tail lights, front marker lights or my dash lights. My hazards weren't working in back nor turn signals, but every once in a while all my lights work but running lights, dash lights, and tail lights. Checked the fuses under dash and they seemed to be good. And checked the one under the hood I belive is related to the lights. I'm thinking I should start with my head light switch and go from there. Any suggestions, I suck at everything wiring related. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it. Mike Cogar

Last edited by Mcogar; 01-21-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:31 AM

Figured it out, rewired the rear bumper lights, found a random blown fuse and I ended up finding a short in my trailer plug wiring harness
Old 01-23-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

That'll do it every time. Trailer wiring.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mcogar
Hi, guys new to the forum, I'll have to properly introduce myself at a later time once I figure this issue out. I have a 1996 F150 that I'm currently having lighting issues with. I'll start off with that I recently replaced my rear bumper and wired up liscense plates lights and they were working fine. Go out this morning to put some led bulbs in I had laying around and I didnt have liscense plates lights, tail lights, front marker lights or my dash lights. My hazards weren't working in back nor turn signals, but every once in a while all my lights work but running lights, dash lights, and tail lights. Checked the fuses under dash and they seemed to be good. And checked the one under the hood I belive is related to the lights. I'm thinking I should start with my head light switch and go from there. Any suggestions, I suck at everything wiring related. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it. Mike Cogar
You are right on with the light switch. But do this for me. Pull the light switch on real slowly. The switch actually touches several contacts at the same time. Manufacture issue. You will see all your LIGHTS work that way. Just change the switch $18at Advanced auto.