Topic Sponsor

Light problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light problem

Y trailer plug has no power what so ever I just put a new plug on because the other broke and I have triple checked the wiring diagram and my connection and it still doesn't work also my lights on my license plate won't work either
Old 08-14-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since there is no vehicle information, I'll try to give you something to check. Check the second fuse box under the hood. I know the trailer power is on a different set of fuses. Another possible place to check is to crawl under your truck and follow the trailer wire harness roughly about 3 to 4 feet from the rear and check if there is a plug in-line. Unplug (that is it is not accidentally unplugged) it and see if it is clean. One more thing, you might have to follow the whole wire harness as for as you can, hoping there is no damage. Trouble shooting electrical problem is not easy or fun. Best of luck.
The following users liked this post:
Ford1994351w (08-14-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Area51base
Since there is no vehicle information, I'll try to give you something to check. Check the second fuse box under the hood. I know the trailer power is on a different set of fuses. Another possible place to check is to crawl under your truck and follow the trailer wire harness roughly about 3 to 4 feet from the rear and check if there is a plug in-line. Unplug (that is it is not accidentally unplugged) it and see if it is clean. One more thing, you might have to follow the whole wire harness as for as you can, hoping there is no damage. Trouble shooting electrical problem is not easy or fun. Best of luck.
Thank you I meant to put that it is a 94 f150 with 5.8l and a e40d

Quick Reply: Light problem