Topic Sponsor

Keep Blowing fuses and dash lights are not working.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep Blowing fuses and dash lights are not working.

Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out.

I got a 94 f150 reg cab, and i have been without dash lights for a few months now which sucks driving at night. I picked up a brand new dimmer switch because the resistor was gone in my old one and it didn't fix the issue. I also keep blowing fuses for it left right and center. If anyone has had this problem before and knows where the short is likely too be or if its something else. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a ground wire problem. Have you added anything to the interior lately, like a new radio or something?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

I'm guessing you are also loosing tail lights too? I'd check your tail light wiring. Exspecially if you have trailer wiring hookup.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did put in a new stereo when i got the truck but didn't have to change the harness, it already had a jvc harness wired in. Also i ran some amp wiring too the back. but haven't hooked it up too anything yet.

I do lots of wheeling with her and i do have trailer wiring hanging down in the back. I was losing my taillights every once and a while but haven't for a while now. Guessing because its dried up now.

Do you guys think it could have something too do with the amp wiring or maybe the trailer wiring that my instrument cluster lights + dimmer are not working?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Off road rebel

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Id hook up the amp or cover the ends of your wiring.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keep Blowing fuses and dash lights are not working.