Topic Sponsor

Interior Lights wont come on!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lights wont come on!

I've got a '92 F150 and I cant figure out why my interior lighting will not come on when I open my drivers side door. The passenger side door will open and then the lights come on, but open the drivers side and...nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be or how to fix it? Not a big fan of electrical, but it'd be nice to have some input. Wouldn't be so much of a pain if it wasn't the drivers side when I'm trying to feel around in the truck at night to find out what in the hell I just sat on. Lol. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:30 PM

I would like to add that my manually operated lights still work, just the automatic lighting wont come on.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 95 Likes on 89 Posts

Have you checked the pressure switch on the drivers door frame? I know on my old truck I disabled it because I liked to sit with my door open.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 AM

Well I've looked at it and the rubber booty is ripped off. Tried pressing the button a few times. But I haven't looked inside of it yet to make sure its plugged in. It may simply be unplugged. Ill check this afternoon. Does the pressure switch just pop out of the door frame?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the one that the rear of the door contacts when you close the door(usually covered with rubber), then it is held in with a small screw, unscrew and unplug and plug into new switch and that's it, if it is in the front pillar you can use an adjustable wrench to take it out and do the same thing, just be careful not to touch the wires to the metal if you have the one located in the front pillar, or you will blow a accessory fuse.

Quick Reply: Interior Lights wont come on!