Topic Sponsor

If you want cheap sub, have the answer.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you want cheap sub, have the answer.

When I got my 95 I had to have a cd, but decided on a stereo with hd radio and usb input. Found the cheapest jvc with these options and went with it. I put 2 infinity referece speakers in back with bass foam enclosures, total cost for the jvc and the infinity speakers was around $165. I kept stock fronts in.
So I then I wanted bass, since I have a single cab, it needed to be thin enough that seat could go all the way back. I found a amplified subwoofer in box, think it was oem on a Toyota Tacoma. They call the setup kicker oemsub. Paperwork was for a Tacoma. Cost $89, I paid $65 but price went up. it has a 1ohm 100 watt amp and I think 8 inch sub. No rca inputs so you have to wire in the inputs to the rear speakers or fronts, but this box sounds really good for the price, fits perfect in the single cab and seat goes all the way back. The manual says wire to hot behind stock stereo, but don't do thaet, the harness is not big enough wire and will over power it. Run a positive fused from battery, find a good ground behind the seat and splice the inputs to the rear speakers, bass is really really good for the price and cant beat the price.
With the jvc stereo, infinity speakers in back and the sub, total cost was under $250 and sounds Very good, very clear and bass fill is perfect.
The same kicker style setup is used in newer challengers with the kicker option, of course Toyota Tacomas etc, which dealer charges over $400 for it.

Last edited by rotwiler; 06-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome post! By any chance would you know the size of the speakers in the front? Its nice to know before i take door panels off
Old 07-04-2013, 06:32 PM

fronts are 6.5"
Old 07-04-2013, 07:18 PM

Thanks! I just got this f150. My upgrade from a extended cab dodge dakota. Ill use this to install subs for sure.

Quick Reply: If you want cheap sub, have the answer.