Topic Sponsor

factory alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory alarm help

Hopefully this is a simple question .. I have a 1995 F150 .. has the factory installed alarm and keyless entry .. im an idiot and brought the only fob with me to work and the wife needs to use the truck .. only has the extra key .. every time you open the door the alarm goes off .. is there any way of disabling it or pulling a fuse or something to make it quit so she can drive the truck? Or can you just put the key in the ignition and turn it on and will it quit?

And im about 2 hours from my house so I can't just run home and bring her the fob lol
Old 01-07-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

It does say in the manual that you have to be sure to turn the key all the way when you unlock the door or it will not turn off the alarm.
If that doesn't work, she can try using the key in the ignition, but theoretically the truck disabler will have kicked in when the alarm was activated.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

If she can't turn off the alarm/disabler by turning the key all the way, not just enough to pop the lock, in the driver's door, tell her to lock it back up, wait 5 minutes (there's a timer on the disabler) then try using the passenger door.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys .. I called her and told her she was not daring enough so she just put off running errands until today .. and then scolded me not to do that again lol .. looks like its time to invest in another remote fob .. the p/o disconnected the driver actuator because it was acting up so I don't know if that would make a difference with the key thing or not

Quick Reply: factory alarm help