Topic Sponsor

**electrical issue surging/loping idle need help asap!!**

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy **electrical issue surging/loping idle need help asap!!**

I have a 1987 ford f150 302. And I am having some electrical issues. My truck will not idle. When the IAC valve is plugged in the engine idles fine for 15 seconds or so then surges and lopes, but as soon as you revv it, the rpms sit at 1500 rpms continuosly. So my temporary fix is unplugging the IAC however cold starts are a pain. The truk also surges at idle with the IAC unplugged however its a very small change and only about 50 rpm change, whereas when plugged in it surges 300-500 rpms constantly. The IAC, and throttle position sensor were replaced in about october of last year and the problem has gotten pregressively worse. The loping idle, high revvs, hard cold starts and poor gas mileage have to stop. I also pulled my hair put trying to find vacuum leaks and couldnt, and cant check with spraying starting fluid because the idle fluctuates all the time so theres mo way to tell if it is actually surging because of the starting fluid. Someone please help! Feel free to email me at sthoffe@aol.com. thanks a lot guys!

Quick Reply: **electrical issue surging/loping idle need help asap!!**