Topic Sponsor

Driver's side courtesy light switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Driver's side courtesy light switch

Hi guys.. (and gals), I have a 93 F150, extended cab, shortbed, XLT with a 5.0L engine. I picked this up about a year ago in Georgia and have spent most of the past year wringing out all the deficiencies and repairs that were needed to bring it back up to speed. After rebuilding the guts of the steering column, complete AC replacement, exhaust manifold replacement (both were cracked and blowing flames), complete ignition re-do, replace fan shroud and radiator (both were never intended for use in this vehicle), 2 sets of pretty expensive ignition wires (the first set went up in flames)... well you get it (and there's more).... the list has been extensive but I am nearing the end.. I hope. Today's problem is the driver's side courtesy light switch. First, the switch had been removed (I believe) because I can't find it. Second the interior lights come on and work fine when the passenger door opens but not for the driver's side (obviously). Does anyone have a part number for this switch or can tell me where I can get one? I would also like the confirmed original location for it. The passenger side is on the front door jam in that opening. Where in the heck is the driver's side supposed to be?? Looks to me like it is on the rear side of the drivers door?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by shazaam100; 12-16-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Drive like you stole it

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

LMCtruck.com part # 47-0616 $24.95. Located on lower aft edge of door jamb
The following users liked this post:
shazaam100 (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks for your help!

I ordered the switch and a new socket from LMC. The hole where the switch should be has a crushed socket inside. I'll solder the new socket into the harness and all should be fine. Thanks again for your help.

Quick Reply: Driver's side courtesy light switch