Topic Sponsor

Door wiring harness issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door wiring harness issues.

I recently scrapped out a '96 F-350 to get parts for my '89 F-150. The doors are giving me trouble. Namely the wiring.

They came off of the 350 in great working condition. Power windows and power locks.

They bolted in nicely.

We brought over the door-to-door connecting line from the 350. It has plugs for 8 wires, but only uses 6 pins.

This left us with two connectors each on both doors. Light gray and black.

I plugged the black plug on each door into the door-to-door connector line.

The light gray on the driver's side plugged right into the light gray plug coming from the cab.

The doors and windows will not move.

There is also a light gray plug coming from the passenger's side door. This seems to have no where to plug into.

Any ideas on what is wrong???

Thank you,
Ben
Old 12-31-2014, 03:01 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

88 F150 power door wiring harness

Here's a pic of an 88 harness. Don't know if that'll help, but it's what I've got. On the right is the drivers door and power feed from the harness. I think ground was through the body.
The following users liked this post:
hjartland (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 03:35 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

If it's like my 94 there should be a light grey plug under the kick-plate, it may be down inside the frame, but there should be a connector for that, without the pass connected the drivers side window should still work but the locks will not. Test the pink/green and the pink/yellow wires, these are the lock and unlock wires, respectively. You should have power to both when button is pushed. Ensure you didn't blow a fuse in the process.
The following users liked this post:
hjartland (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fltdriver, I did find one light gray plug under the kick panel on the drivers side. But not one on the passengers side. Should there be one?

Went through all the fuses. All were intact.

I'll try to check the right wires for voltage. Trouble is Ford went with light color strips and I'm partially color blind. As you might expect it is not a helpful trait when dealing with electrical issues. :P

Does anyone have the wiring harness diagram for the 89 or 96? Not the schematics, but the wiring diagram.

BTW, thank you all for the prompt and helpful responses!

Quick Reply: Door wiring harness issues.