Topic Sponsor

cant get power to new radio

Old 01-14-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question cant get power to new radio

I have a 1995 f150 xl 4.9l i went to install a new pioneer radio and i matched up all the wires like the directions told me to. im fairly certain the speakers are all correct but i cant get power at all. i used my multimeter to check the wires and i found 2 that had full power with the key on and iv tried both but still no power. i checked my ground and that is good. after checking all the wires i could not find any that had constant power and i saw that other people had this problem but no one seemed to know why so i just wanted to see if anyone could offer me some help. i was also curious if i could just wire a constant from the battery and follow the ignition wire and wire that right up and ground out the ground wire and just leave the speakers. i just cant understand why i cant get power.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 PM

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts

It sounds to me you don't have it wired correctly. I would double check your wires to see if they match. Did you use a wire harness kit? I recently changed my radio and it worked well right from the get go.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your wires or the fuses. I had a problem with mine and it was missing a fuse. Once replaced it was fine.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i finally got it working i had to run a new wire for my constant and i guess this radio wont even turn on without it so after i did that it works great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cant get power to new radio