Topic Sponsor

Buzzing alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing alarm

I have a 93 4x4 with the 5L. I drove the truck thru a deep hole, water came almost. All the way to the hood. As I pulled thru the hole an alarm started sounding. This is the second time it's happened. It only happens when the driver side of the truck is lower than the passenger side. The alarm didn't stop sounding for a half hour. It's almost like something's wet and then dries out. What is this alarm and any idea of what it is sounding for?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benny03
I have a 93 4x4 with the 5L. I drove the truck thru a deep hole, water came almost. All the way to the hood. As I pulled thru the hole an alarm started sounding. This is the second time it's happened. It only happens when the driver side of the truck is lower than the passenger side. The alarm didn't stop sounding for a half hour. It's almost like something's wet and then dries out. What is this alarm and any idea of what it is sounding for?
Do you have a door chime?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drivers side no. I believe the the door switch is bad on drivers side because the dome light doesn't come on when it's open but does when the passenger door is open. The noise seems to only happen when I leave my hunting camp which is the time when my drivers side is lower than the other side.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a loose connection. I would check under the dash to look for anything loose or popping out.

Quick Reply: Buzzing alarm