Topic Sponsor

Bank2 Sensor1 upstream oxygen sensor 1996 4.9 4 W/D 5 Speed

Old 11-12-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bank2 Sensor1 upstream oxygen sensor 1996 4.9 4 W/D 5 Speed

If there is a thread on this already someone please point me in the right direction..
I had the conector from the wiring harness on my 1996 4 W/D 4.9 5 speed truck get against exhaust and totally melt beyond recognition on my bank 2 sensor 1 02 plug. Thats the one next to the firewall on the top of back exhaust pipe cant seem to find the help I need even after spending 50 bucks on books..So here I am. I need a diagram showing what color wire goes to what pin on the 4 pin o2 connector from the wiring harness..I bought a new plug but wires arent color coded with my 96 wiring..Book shows what color wires go to 02 sensor but not which color goes to which pin on plug..Still throwin codes..Can someone please send me a diagram or something so I can be sure this is wired correctly so I know if it fried the computer or not...Cant get truck inspected because of check engine light..I really need my ole truck..All help will be greatly appreciated...
Thank U Everyone..
Old 11-16-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby G 96
If there is a thread on this already someone please point me in the right direction..
I had the conector from the wiring harness on my 1996 4 W/D 4.9 5 speed truck get against exhaust and totally melt beyond recognition on my bank 2 sensor 1 02 plug. Thats the one next to the firewall on the top of back exhaust pipe cant seem to find the help I need even after spending 50 bucks on books..So here I am. I need a diagram showing what color wire goes to what pin on the 4 pin o2 connector from the wiring harness..I bought a new plug but wires arent color coded with my 96 wiring..Book shows what color wires go to 02 sensor but not which color goes to which pin on plug..Still throwin codes..Can someone please send me a diagram or something so I can be sure this is wired correctly so I know if it fried the computer or not...Cant get truck inspected because of check engine light..I really need my ole truck..All help will be greatly appreciated...
Thank U Everyone..
I have had this question bought the wiring on the 02 sendor plug on here for over a week..Saw were other people have the same truck engine etc. as I do that could help me asking for help..I have givin my advice from experiences with my truck..But no help from anyone here..I guess people are just worried bought their problems on here not helpin others too..I THOUGHT THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WERE BETER THAN THAT...
Someone please look at your wires and send me a diagram....
PROVE ME WRONG ABOUGHT THIS FORUM PLEASE.....
Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Maybe what you seek is in the diagram here: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/0wd7d...-sensor-2.html
Old 12-01-2016, 11:15 AM

Default Diagram

I tried to view the diagram u spoke of...BUT..when I try it just pops up a box wanting me to.pay for a mechanics help..Will not let me see it..Thank You for the info but isnt going to let me access it..
Old 12-01-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Did you scroll down? It's actually part of one of the replies farther down the page. No charge to view it.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby G 96
Thank U Everyone..
hey man I have the same problem my bank 2 o2 sensor 1 the connector melted from harness so I'm lost on the wires I think 2 are red with diff color stripes one whit I think an other is black I cant figure out the position of the wires going in connector please help 04 f150 5.4
Old 05-26-2020, 11:37 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Your truck isn't built like the one in this thread's original post, and even less like the others in this '87 -96 forum. You'll get more help posting in the forum dedicated to trucks like yours.

Search this Thread