Topic Sponsor

Bad Computer or normal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bad Computer or normal?

Greetings,

I'm preparing for a 5.8L swap into my 92' f150 with a 5.0L E4od. I purchased a used PCM off ebay for the swap out of a 90-91 5.8L E4OD truck...

I decided I wanted to test it out to see if IT would run the 5.0L truck just to make sure the computer was good.

With the KOEO test the Fuel pump stays on. It does not shut the fuel pump off after a few seconds. Do some off these older style computers have a Continuous Duty loop cycle which never shut the fuel pump off when the key is on engine off?

The computer will run the 5.0L engine...I did not run it long do to the extra fuel being dumped in the engine. Although, the Check engine light did come on. I imagine it is from the extra fuel....Does that sound about right?

Any way, I posted on the FTE forums and they said you got a bad computer and you need to send it back. So I went ahead and shipped it back and they are sending me a replacement to test out.

I also went to the local Ford dealer and talked to one of the techs. He said having the Fuel pump run continuous would not hurt the fuel pump unless it gets to hot.

Any Thoughts on the matter?

Quick Reply: Bad Computer or normal?