Topic Sponsor

'95 f150 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 f150 won't start

Hey guys,

my dad has a loyal work horse of many many years for his landscaping company that is getting really ill.

The current situation is that the it won't start. Normally, my dad would drive the truck everyday to work but since it's winter, the landscaping business comes pretty much to a halt. When the truck isn't getting driven everyday, the battery just gets drained and dries up. Now, we don't know which part of the truck is draining the battery but it's pretty serious. The battery would dry up completely after one day if left alone.

It gets worse too. We just replaced the battery, and it still refuses to start. I suspect that it's a bad starter, but starters don't drain battery does it?

It's a 95 F150 XL (5.8 glorious litre engine i believe).
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

I would start with the cables and starter relay first. Cables can show 12 volts at the starter but when the starter cranks you may no be getting all the volts because of a bad cable. Than the starter. You may have a short some where else. Shorts are hard to find. If you get the truck started wait Intel it is dark and start wigging wires. Did you pull codes? My code reader check all sensors which helps some. The reader is just a tool that helps. The sensor may be still good it`s just not getting power or the wire going to the sensor is shorted. Disconnect the battery and charge the battery full and disconnect it every time you not using the truck Intel it is fixed.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

The starter on my truck started dragging and putting a big
Strain on the battery causing it to go dead. I found that the negative cable was bad the wires in the cable were showing and rubbing on the frame.

Quick Reply: '95 f150 won't start