Topic Sponsor

93 5.0 Won't Turn Over

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 5.0 Won't Turn Over

I need some help here. I've neglected my F150 and the starter went bad. Replaced it today and thought after a battery charge it would fire right up. Well it didn't. Had a mechanic friend stop by and he nosed around and jumped it with the solenoid on the passenger fender wall. It ran good but wouldn't start back up. He claims the start wire could be bad. Had another guy look around and he claims the solenoid is bad. Anyway, had it hooked up with jumper cables and it still wouldn't turn over. After trying for about 30 minutes it finally kicked over and ran until they went to take it for a drive. So back under the hood we checked spark plugs which had spark and tried some starting fluid to no success. The whole time we weren't able to get it to turn with the ignition, but the last few time the ignition kicked in and we were able to attempt to start with the key.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 AM

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

If the mechanic jumped the solonoid and it started that should eliminate the battery and starter. I would check connections. Take your battery to the local auto parts store, they test it for free.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you try replacing the solenoid and also check your coil pack wires i had the same problem and it was those to things the solenoid was $20 at oreilys

Quick Reply: 93 5.0 Won't Turn Over