84 EGR Vacuum Solenoid circuit failure

Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 84 EGR Vacuum Solenoid circuit failure

***87/F150/4.9***

My issue is a 84 EGR Vacuum Solenoid circuit failure

Here is the testing procedure.
DN13:
CHECK EVR CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO POWER OR GROUND.
1.Key off.
2. EVR solenoid disconnected.
3. Breakout box installed,
4. PCM disconnected.
5. Measure resistance between Test Pin 33 and Test Pins 37 and 57 at the breakout box.
6. Measure resistance between Test Pin 33 and Test Pin 40 and 60, 46 at the breakout box.

Is each resistance greater than 10,000 ohms? No, no resistance at all.

If No - SERVICE short circuit. REMOVE breakout box. RECONNECT all components. RERUN Quick Test. If DTC is repeated, REPLACE EVR solenoid.))

FYI:All other parts of the test above were passed except for this last part; I did not skip any portions and I don't have any resistance at all when testing these pins.

((((To clarify i wasn't supposed to jumper 37/57 or 40/60 and test resistance at the jumper was I?))))

It just doesnt make sense that I would test at 33 here is why.. If you check out the diagram for my truck below you will find that pin 33 is connected to the EEC and to the EGR Vacuum Solenoid connector, there is nothing else in between. Here is the part of the test that is throwing me off... the test says that the connector at the EGR Vacuum Solenoid needs to be disconnected ... so how are you supposed to get any resistance? How would anybody ever get any resistance at any other pin if we have isolated ends of the this one wire???

What am i missing?

Last edited by Migs7; 09-23-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Replaced the ECM and after two days of driving I am now getting code 33.

I will update after replacing the EGR.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 84 EGR Vacuum Solenoid circuit failure