Topic Sponsor

1990 xlt ignition issues

Old 01-08-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 xlt ignition issues

yesterday i went to start the truck in the bitter cold and the cylinder went loose and would not start. the dash lights came on but no starter engaged. I tried to jump it at the solenoid and snapped a post. after replacing the actuator and solenoid it turns over but wont start. the ignition cylinder is shot but am turning it over with a screwdriver til i can replace that.everything is plugged in as should be turns over ok but no fire i guess, tried some carb cleaner just to make sure fuel not frozen or an issue with no result. what can i be missing?
Old 01-08-2014, 04:35 PM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by glasscuter
yesterday i went to start the truck in the bitter cold and the cylinder went loose and would not start. the dash lights came on but no starter engaged. I tried to jump it at the solenoid and snapped a post. after replacing the actuator and solenoid it turns over but wont start. the ignition cylinder is shot but am turning it over with a screwdriver til i can replace that. everything is plugged in as should be turns over ok but no fire i guess, tried some carb cleaner just to make sure fuel not frozen or an issue with no result. what can i be missing?
Check your ignition stuff (plugs, wires, coil, etc.). Sounds like no spark.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

You guess? Help us help you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1990 xlt ignition issues