Topic Sponsor

1987 f150 weird electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 f150 weird electrical issue

hey guys i have a 1987 f150 custom its a 4 speed granny with the 302 n borge warner tranny.

well to start off my headlights blinkers and taillights all worked fine. one day i was driving and as i pushed in the clutch the dash started flickering, i also noticed the blinkers and tailights flickering the same as the dash, i had to keep drivin and eventually the whole dash lights turned off. so now when i pull the switch for the headlights to turn on, the headlights turn on but the blinker lights dont switch on and the tailights dont switch on, the tailights will turn on if i press the brake and the blinkers work if i turn them on but they dont turn on when its supposed to and at night the only things thats on are my headlights and tailights only press one when i hit the brake. im sure its something with a wire behind the dash that was probably cut in half by the clutch. if anyone knows what to do please help before i get a ticket! much obliged
Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
It's a Canadian thing eh!

Received 195 Likes on 188 Posts

I'd start looking around the pedal assembly under the dash and see if you wore out or broke a piece of the wiring harness creating a short. Only way to know is to start looking for any cut or frayed wires, and check fuses.

Quick Reply: 1987 f150 weird electrical issue