Topic Sponsor

Window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Question Window regulator

New here. Question about the regulator. I have replaced the glass, motor, and armature (regulator?) in my 93 f150. All were bad/damaged. I tested the motor/regulator both before and after the reinstall. Both looked good with good smooth motion and a strong motor. Next I installed the glass and put the guide into the track on the glass. Now the motor runs, but no movement. It is like the gear is not in contact with the armature teeth... of course I can't see anything. Anyone experienced this?
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Also note I did not pull the motor apart to check if the gears were good inside. Plan on doing that tonight.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's easy to misalign the motor gear to the regulator, and the motor spinning with no movement of the window is the symptom... especially when you say the regulator is okay.

It could be the little plastic inserts that sit in the pinion gear. Not sure if that's what it's called... I mean the largest plastic gear that the worm gear turns, the one with the triangular pocket in it that the sprocket that meshes with the regulator sits in.

Those little plastic spacers break apart sometimes.

Good luck! I need to fix mine, too.

Edit: check here https://www.f150forum.com/f92/pssnge...oblems-343228/

Last edited by Sitting Bull; 01-14-2017 at 04:45 PM.