Topic Sponsor

Water Leak in cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leak in cab

I have a '95 and when it rains, the water drips in right on my foot while I'm driving and also on the passenger side. I don't think it's the seal on the windshield as that was replaced recently, but now the brake and abs lights come on. Brakes are fine, emergency brake cable is fine, anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-15-2014, 06:51 AM

Mine leaks too have you figured out the source? As far as the abs. May want to check the plug for ABS on your master cylinder for corrosion. . Or replace the actual sensor which is the piece between your rear break line and your master cylinder. Hope this helps
Old 11-07-2014, 05:15 PM

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Climb up under the dash while someone hoses it down around the windshield. See where it's coming from. Also, if the lights weren't coming on before the leak then I'd bet water is getting on to the brake light switch and possibly on another electrical component causing the lights. Even though the windshield was replaced recently was the leak there before it was replaced?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:44 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Sounds like the windshield. Take it back.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:21 PM

The glass layers in my windshield were separating, I would look at your glass. If there's bubbles in it around the edges you'll need a windshield. I also had rust at the bottom of the windshield at the cowl.

There was also another leak above both doors in the rain gutter which rusted holes in the interior of the truck above the door. The water would run down the plastic trim piece to the dash and down to the floor. Take off that plastic trim piece that goes from the dash to the back corner of the cab (like 4 screws) and see if you have a hole there as well.

Quick Reply: Water Leak in cab