Topic Sponsor

Truck seat plastic trim HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck seat plastic trim HELP???

Hey Guys, I'm looking for the plastic piece on the drivers side of my 40/20/40 seat. It's the complete plastic piece in which the power lumbar switch seats in. My color is gray but I can dye one if needed. Any clues where I can purchase this plastic piece/trim? Ill try to load a picture of what I'm after and what's missing

as I hope this makes sense...

Thanks
Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat Cushion Valance

Anyone have a clue? I can't find this piece anywhere. I'm to the point of purchasing a whole seat just to get this. Can anyone help?
Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Best bet will be a junkyard.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

EBAY!!! Just type in "Ford F-150 Seat Trim" in the search box. There are ALWAYS passenger seat trim pieces for sale. The driver's side or pairs of these trim pieces are rare to find on EBay. A pair usually go for like $150
Old 04-05-2016, 11:37 PM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Junkyard or eBay. I had to get mine in the junkyard. Thing is, I have a power driver seat. So I was looking for one with the cut outs in the side until one day I noticed on the back of a regular price that it had to holes outlined in it. So I got a dermal and started cutting out the holes and test fitting the switches until about an hour later I was satisfied. Fyi I spent two years of looking ( not super hard but still looking) and during that time I only found a few. And all of those were non power seats. So you should be ok not having power seats, but it may take a few months to find if your unlucky.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You spoke of dying the trim. How would you do that?
I am wanting to do something with the trim in my truck. I thought about paint specific for plastic. Just curious what others if any have done.

Originally Posted by ProStreet1
Hey Guys, I'm looking for the plastic piece on the drivers side of my 40/20/40 seat. It's the complete plastic piece in which the power lumbar switch seats in. My color is gray but I can dye one if needed. Any clues where I can purchase this plastic piece/trim? Ill try to load a picture of what I'm after and what's missing

as I hope this makes sense...

Thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I painted my door panel with matching paint from late model restoration. It's expensive, but worth it. Year later now, and it looks like it did the day I painted it, just prep it really well.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Brandon587,
Since you are a man with experience, maybe I could draw from that.
What actual technique and preparation did you use when you painted your trim?

Also when you said expensive, how much so are we talking?

Thanks Mike

Originally Posted by Brandon587
I painted my door panel with matching paint from late model restoration. It's expensive, but worth it. Year later now, and it looks like it did the day I painted it, just prep it really well.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:48 AM

Okc lube man,

This is what I used.
https://lmr.com/item/MET-FV45L/1994-...Interior-Paint

To prep the piece to be dyed:
Wash the piece throughly with a degreaser
Rinse well
Wipe entire piece with rubbing alcohol
Lightly scuff piece with 2000 grit sand paper
Apply MULTIPLR LIGHT coats until color is even and appearance is where you want it
Do not apply just a few heavy coats. Keeping the coats to a dusting will help preserve the grain of the plastic.

YouTube "SEM paints" if you want some painting tutorials. I did my entire truck interior using SRM paints that I got off the LMR website. Good luck!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Okc lube man,

LMR website sells a rattle can of Ford Light Opal Grey for $19.99 a can, but it is custom tinted paint to match PERFECTLY the rest of the light Opal grey trim in my truck.

Quick Reply: Truck seat plastic trim HELP???