Topic Sponsor

Those floor mats from Walmart/Target

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Those floor mats from Walmart/Target

I'm looking for a mat from Walmart/Target or your basic car store.

I don't have carpets on mine, it's like a plastic slick thing. I have a hole right where the heel of my right foot below the accelerator. I tape a piece of metal to it but I was wondering about a mat.

Since I don't have carpets, and those mats have those hooks on the bottom, will those mats slide up without having something to "grip" on?

I'm afraid of the driver's side creeping up and then my accelerator get's stuck or it messes up my brakes.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the mat. My dad uses them in his f350 with the vinyl floor. If they're big enough they don't slide around. A friend of mine actually uses velcro to hold them down on the floor of his Chevy which has really slick plastic flooring. If you use velcro though buy real industrial strength stuff.
The following users liked this post:
ericantonio (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

And strips parallel with the vehicle will hold better than perpendicular.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by theofficialtiny
It depends on the mat. My dad uses them in his f350 with the vinyl floor. If they're big enough they don't slide around. A friend of mine actually uses velcro to hold them down on the floor of his Chevy which has really slick plastic flooring. If you use velcro though buy real industrial strength stuff.
Huh velcro!! Never thought of that. As a matter of fact, we have tons of velcro at work. They are cut down to 2" strips. I just used one today for my front license plate!