Topic Sponsor

Swap interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swap interiors?

I found a '96 F-150 regular cab Eddie Bauer edition for a parts truck (no title, bad head gasket). My '95 F-150 is a bone stock base truck... well worn bench seat, no headliner, vinyl floor, crank up windows. But, I love the truck and want to drive it forever.

Any big issues to prevent me from swapping all the upgraded interior goodies from the fancy '96 into the '95?
-split bench seat with console
-electric windows
-electric locks
-nicer side covers
-dash cover
-carpeting
Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

Little work but should all swap. If interiors are different colors the dash swap is pretty involved.
The following users liked this post:
ToddT 58 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:28 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

I understand the want for the electric locks but personally I wish I had crank windows, they are just so much more reliable from these gens. Unless you plan on swapping out all of the innards (of the door) then just switching doors will be easiest, you'll probably also need the harness that goes through the dash for the doors.

Compare the base that the seats are bolted to and pick the one in the best condition, if it's the donor then unbolt (2 bolts front, 2 nuts back) from truck and swap, if your base is better then do the same but unbolt the bench from the base, swap, and install.

Removing the dash will make running the lock/window harness much easier, and you'll have to pull it to remove it from the donor so you might as well do it too.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is actually a great idea... waiting and swapping the doors. My plan is to repaint the truck at some point. Swapping all this would make sense at that time.

Originally Posted by fltdriver
I understand the want for the electric locks but personally I wish I had crank windows, they are just so much more reliable from these gens. Unless you plan on swapping out all of the innards (of the door) then just switching doors will be easiest, you'll probably also need the harness that goes through the dash for the doors.

Compare the base that the seats are bolted to and pick the one in the best condition, if it's the donor then unbolt (2 bolts front, 2 nuts back) from truck and swap, if your base is better then do the same but unbolt the bench from the base, swap, and install.

Removing the dash will make running the lock/window harness much easier, and you'll have to pull it to remove it from the donor so you might as well do it too.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Interior's a piece of cake. You'll have to pull the dash in the eddie bauer to remove the power door wiring harness, I posted something a few weeks back with pictures on how to remove the dash (drop the column and it's 11 bolts). You don't have to put it back in the same place in yours, just feed it through out of the way and zip-tie it.
As long as you're not swapping dashes, then you would have to change over all the wiring (obd1 in 95, obd2 in 96). Everything else comes out of the interior in 1/2 an hour tops.
You might want the little harness that feeds the seatbelt, the deluxe model had an extra plug for the power seats
And you have to grind off the rivets that hold the power window regulators and replace them with bolts, but not too big a deal.
The following users liked this post:
ToddT 58 (03-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Swap interiors?