Topic Sponsor

Seat pivot bolt broke..

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Seat pivot bolt broke..

So last night my front drivers side seat popped back like it was reclined half way. Turns out the bolt that it pivots on broke off.

Does anyone have tips on how to get it out? I tried two different extractors and neither worked.

I was thinking I might be able to unbolt the whole seat, turn upside down and get to it from the under side.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

If you can see the other end of the bolt, maybe you can get some vice grips on it and thread it out the other way. Pulling the seat might give you access - I'd try feeling around under there to see if you can feel the other end of the bolt.
Or cut a 2x4 to fit behind it (lol)
Old 11-09-2015, 08:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_1
If you can see the other end of the bolt, maybe you can get some vice grips on it and thread it out the other way. Pulling the seat might give you access - I'd try feeling around under there to see if you can feel the other end of the bolt.
Or cut a 2x4 to fit behind it (lol)
Yeah no kidding, if it wasn't extended cab I'd use the 2x4. I ended up taking the seat out. The bolt is sort of up inside the seat frame. I had to unbolt the brackets and the take the cushion off and go in through the top. Was able to get vice grips on it then. It went together pretty easy and is working good. $1.20 bolt saved me a lot of money on a new seat.

Quick Reply: Seat pivot bolt broke..