Topic Sponsor

screws for door panels

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screws for door panels

I need to replace all the screws that hold the bottom of the door panel in place, I think its 5 screws. The guy who had the truck before me was using wood screws and I want something more automotive looking. My local dealership doesn't have them in stock. Any idea what size/length to purchase?
Old 02-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Drive like you stole it

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Well, the holes are now the size of the wood screw threads so you are stuck with that size thread. Go to the hardware store and see what ya can find in that thread that looks better
Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 AM

Guess I should've told ya that I bought new (used) door panels too. So the holes are still factory.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pinky2009
Guess I should've told ya that I bought new (used) door panels too. So the holes are still factory.
The threads are on the door frame itself, not the panel, so the holes are still going to be the size of the wood screw threads, however if you can find automotive screws will the same size thread, or slightly larger, they will work as it will rethread it to that screw.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:11 PM

At Lowes I picked up #10 x 1" black sheet metal screws. Pick a length you like.

I've often put screws in cardboard and spray painted the heads to match whatever before installing them.

Replaced "lost" screws without a problem.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is it a mechanical issue or "It bothers me issue?"

Originally Posted by pinky2009
I need to replace all the screws that hold the bottom of the door panel in place, I think its 5 screws. The guy who had the truck before me was using wood screws and I want something more automotive looking. My local dealership doesn't have them in stock. Any idea what size/length to purchase?

Trust me you will have the panels off several times if you own the vehicle for a few years.

Just use sheet metal screws and relocate them as when the panels are removed invariably the plastic fasteners break even when the best mechanics remove them to access the window lifts and electric motors if applicable to your vehicle.

The best idea was already mentioned. Just paint them!

Quick Reply: screws for door panels