Topic Sponsor

Plasti Dip Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti Dip Mirrors

So I'm looking into Plasti Dipping my mirrors and other parts on my truck. I was wondering if anybody has seen or done the Mirrors before to get a view of it?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:17 PM

Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts

I love how they look on mine
Attached Thumbnails Plasti Dip Mirrors-img_0852-2-.jpg  
Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by flareside crazy
I love how they look on mine
Awesome!!! Thank you!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:18 PM

no problem hope you like them as much as I do
Old 11-22-2013, 12:42 AM

Here is my 93 f150 standard cab. With everything chrome plastidipped black, but here is another example of the mirrors!
I hoping to do the wheels swell when i get time.
Attached Thumbnails Plasti Dip Mirrors-imag1580.jpg  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is new to me so I might sound a little duh, but 2 questions, what is plastic dipping and who/where do you get it done, because it looks nice and I would like to get my mirrors done on my 93 Lightning
Old 11-28-2013, 10:16 PM

its kinda like spray paint but it comes off if you don't like it you can do it your self just go to home depot and pick up a can or two it has a lot of info videos on youtube if you wanna see more about it
The following users liked this post:
John231 (12-01-2013)
Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did plasti dip to my mirror's front and back bumpers, grill, badges, door handles and exhaust tips.

the grill and badges have held up pretty good.

The front bumber and mirrors have chip like holes in the plasti drip. they are ok. I need to re due them but don't have the money atm to fix them.

The door handles only lasted about a week. So if you want to paint them use real paint and prep them right so they last.

Now the exhaust tips were a huge mistake. The heat from the exhaust pretty much baked the plasti dip on and i have to use a razor blade to scrap it off.

Oh i also did the diamond plate tailgate cover... Its peeling real bad and needs to be redone.

Stuff don't seem to last to long.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 PM

I agree with you the stuff doesn't last as long as advertised, i took it off my door handles cause they were peeling, i took it off the mirrors cause i prefer the chrome, and just this last week i took it off the front window trim (Chrome) because it wasn't to great and i had to redo part of it which ripped when i went in the rain on the freeway

And one last thing no matter how hard you try to cover areas to protect from overspray it still gets there, and now still I'm rubbing bits off.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by EPIC F150
I agree with you the stuff doesn't last as long as advertised, i took it off my door handles cause they were peeling, i took it off the mirrors cause i prefer the chrome, and just this last week i took it off the front window trim (Chrome) because it wasn't to great and i had to redo part of it which ripped when i went in the rain on the freeway

And one last thing no matter how hard you try to cover areas to protect from overspray it still gets there, and now still I'm rubbing bits off.
The actual plati dip online with sprayer work "better", the cans at homedepot are junk

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Mirrors