Topic Sponsor

New to me 1994 F150 XLT and need door molding

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 1994 F150 XLT and need door molding

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, not new to Fords or F150's for that matter, but wanted to introduce myself in some ways. First off I'm pretty well versed in vehicles and ownership and have owned many many vehicles from imports to muscle to trucks. Ford to Dodge to Honda. Owned a bit of everything. I just picked up a new to me beater truck that i want to a bit nicer. I picked up a 1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 with the 5.8L extra cab with 123k original miles on it. 4X4 on the fly can function flawlessly in 0 degree weather, 4X low works incredibly well, and all the functions with the exception of a vent on the interior and a few little trim pieces here and there it is in great condition. It came with some pretty nice features, some really well built aluminum deezee style steps (although I don't know if they are factory or aftermarket) rhino liner and a handful of other goodies. I'm going to get a leveling kit 2.5" kit, and maybe a MAACO paint job with some bondo to take a couple dents out from under the driver door and front fender area. It's not bad, but just to clean it up and see what we can do with it. I don't need special, just white or silver. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. It has factory style wheels with mud and snow terrains on it. Does FANTASTIC in the snow BTW.

Anyway all that said, I'm looking for a few things. I'm wanting to know if there is a door kit for the '94 XLT 4x4 door molding seals kit, so I can have a door that doesn't leak air on the highway and rain in the winter, and if there is such a thing as an in-channel window visor kit for the ventshades type visors to roll the window down.

Other than that, I'm not even sure what I want to do with it yet, other than just drive the **** out of it and call her good. She's a good truck named "Tank" and not sure where she will take me yet.....

Old 12-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Oooo a Custom Title.

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

Look here: http://dennis-carpenter.com/trk80-96...ipping/c/2228/

Apparently their pretty good for moldings, better then LMC Truck.

I ordered my tailgate panel from them and it was good quality.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:53 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LOCO LAPTOP
Look here: http://dennis-carpenter.com/trk80-96...ipping/c/2228/

Apparently their pretty good for moldings, better then LMC Truck.

I ordered my tailgate panel from them and it was good quality.
Bronco graveyard is another good spot usually cheaper then lmc as well
Old 12-30-2016, 12:43 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Honestly i would just buy something like this first, way cheaper.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160-14-12mm-B...item4d1a257157
Old 12-30-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

And if you cruise the wrecking yards, you will often find that the passenger rubber is mint because on a lot of trucks the passenger door hardly ever gets used. You can swap sides with those.
The following users liked this post:
Bombadillo (12-31-2016)