Topic Sponsor

floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default floor mats

I need some new floor mats for my 1996 F150. The truck is an XLT with gray carpet. I would like some that have the long pointy things on the back so they don't slide around. The truck currently has mats with pink deer on them. They gotta go.
I would prefer carpet mats to rubber since 99% of my driving is on the road.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to a brand or where to get them?
Terry
Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Weathertech makes GREAT products. Kinda pricey, but they form fit to the footwells and don't move around a lot. I had some but I left my truck unlocked out on the job site (wiring up a house, I'm an electrician) and someone took them from my truck. Ive just got some cheap autozone mats in now just to protect the carpet until I get around to buying a new set of Weathertechs.
EDIT: my bad, didn't read your post too well. Noticed you wanted carpet mats instead of rubber. I'd check eBay and Amazon first and try other places after. Amazon has pretty much everything if you look hard enough.

Last edited by 24willyboy; 06-07-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a follow up if anyone is interested. I ended up buying LLoyds Velourtex Mats from autobarn.net. I have had them about a week.

These mats fit very well. They say they are custom made for the vehicle and I am pleased with the fit. Velourtex is the economy offering from Lloyds, there are two grades above these mats. Velourtex is "An outstanding value and popular-priced original equipment replacement mat, with a heavier more dense face than factory mats" to quote their website. My impression is they are about the same quality as factory mats, not better than them. But factory mats are normally quite good so I'm fine with them.

They don't have the pointy spikes that I expected to keep them in place. Instead, the back of the mat has a rubber type feel, almost like the material you buy to put in a tool box to keep tools from sliding around. It seems to work well but I've only had them a short time. The box they came in had some plastic hooks. You are supposed to screw the hooks to the truck carpet and hook them to the new mats to hold the mat in place. I didn't want to make holes in my carpet, so the hooks will not be used in my case.

These mats cost 69.90 with free shipping and no tax. More expensive than what you would pay at WalMart but these do fit very well and are probably better quality.

These mats are made in the U.S.A which is a plus for me.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:50 PM
paint sucks

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Autozone

Quick Reply: floor mats