Topic Sponsor

Diggerent kind of seat question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Knifemaker, fabricator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diggerent kind of seat question.

Hello all,

I have a 1995 F150 Standard cab. Like many others here it has a bench seat that I want to replace with buckets.

I am not concerned at all with mounting the seats. I can fabricate anything needed to mount them. My question is what seats will fit without making me hit my head on the roof or have the steering wheel against my chest?

I tried Expedition seats but they are too thick, too tall. I need smaller seats.

I am 6'2" so the bench seat is about the thickest I can go and still drive.

I have already scoured the junk yards around me and cannot find any decent seats for the gen 9's. So I am being forced to look at other seats.

Has anyone used seats from non-Ford vehicles with success. Remember my height.

Again the mounting is not a problem it is the thickness of the back and the height of the seat that I have to overcome.

I did see where a guy mounted explorer seats and Explorers are everywhere around here. It looked good and he even mounted a sub in the center console (Can't find that thread anymore). I can get explorer seats but wonder about the height and thickness.

The junk yards here will not let me pull a seat and try it out. I have to buy the set and they cannot be returned if they do not fit.

So please offer up suggestions of what cars or trucks would have a seat that could work for me.

As for keeping the bench seat; That is an option but I want the center console for the things I want to add to the truck that would be difficult or impossible to add with the bench seat.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Bob
Old 03-31-2015, 04:39 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Have you considered the 40/20/40? It has the flip down console, and two separate bucket style seats. I have a 12" sub behind my passenger seat, amp under the middle seat and still have some room to store stuff behind the driver's side. I'm only 5'8" but I usually have the seat on the second or third to last setting from the back, this gives me room to lean the seat back a hair so I'm not sitting completely straight up.

Last edited by fltdriver; 03-31-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added a pic
Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Knifemaker, fabricator

I have considered those 40/20/40 but gotta try buckets if I can. Going tomorrow to get a set of Explorer seats that are beat up just to see if I can make them work, if so I will get good ones from a nicer Explorer.

Sorry for misspelling the title, was in a hurry I guess. Makes me look stupid though.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kimo57
I have considered those 40/20/40 but gotta try buckets if I can. Going tomorrow to get a set of Explorer seats that are beat up just to see if I can make them work, if so I will get good ones from a nicer Explorer.

Sorry for misspelling the title, was in a hurry I guess. Makes me look stupid though.

Thanks
Any news on how those Explorer seats fit? Or any others for that matter - I'm in a nearly identical situation as you with a 96 single cab I recently acquired
Old 04-30-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interested/Curious on this as well.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about seats from an import sporty car. I had some from a Toyota celica turbo in a jeep. Had all kinds of adjustments and it was awesome.

Quick Reply: Diggerent kind of seat question.